In most household water purifiers, the first-stage filter element is a PP cotton filter element. The first-stage filter element not only directly affects the water quality, but also affects the subsequent three-stage or four-stage filtration effect and the life of the filter element, so PP The quality of the cotton filter element is particularly important for the water purifier.
1. What is PP cotton filter? What are the advantages?
PP cotton filter element: a non-toxic and odorless polypropylene particle, a tubular filter element that is wound and bonded through heating, melting, spinning, traction, and receiving forming. The highest accuracy of filtration can reach 1 Micron. The structure of the filter element is filtered from the outer to the inner level. The closer to the inner layer of the filter element, the smaller the pore size and the higher the accuracy of the filter. PP cotton has the characteristics of large flow, corrosion resistance, high pressure and low cost. It is mainly used to block large particles such as rust, sediment, and suspended matter in water.
1. The chemical stability of PP cotton is very good. The chemical stability of PP cotton is very good. In addition to being corroded by concentrated sulfuric acid and concentrated nitric acid, it does not chemically react with other chemical agents. Therefore, it can resist acid, alkali, organic solvents and oils without worrying about its own secondary pollution.
2. There is no risk of contamination by other raw materials during the bonding of PP cotton filter cores. The bonding of PP cotton filter cores does not require the use of other materials. It depends on its own bonding and entangles with each other to form filter cores of various sizes. There is a risk of contamination by other raw materials.
3. PP cotton filter does not require power supply pressurization. During the self-adhesion process, a three-dimensional labyrinth microporous structure is formed, which has a large specific surface area and higher porosity. This allows the PP cotton filter to contain a large amount of dirt, and at the same time allows the water to pass through relatively quickly without the need for additional pressure boosting devices. This also means that the PP cotton filter element does not require a power boost.
4. 80% of the impurities are PP cotton multi-layer filter structure in the PP cotton filter, each layer can intercept and store impurities in the water. The fibers in the outer layer are thicker, the fibers in the inner layer are thinner, the outer layer is looser, and the inner layer is tighter, forming a multi-layer gradient structure. With this multi-layer structure, the dirt holding capacity will be large, and 80% of the impurities filtered out by the water purifier are completed in the PP cotton filter.
The above 4 points are the advantages of the PP cotton filter in the water purifier. In addition, it should be noted that the service life of the PP cotton filter is usually 3-6 months, and it must be replaced regularly to ensure the water purification effect. The cost of PP cotton is low, and it is usually used in the first line with a relatively high replacement frequency to achieve the effect of reducing costs.
2. How to identify the quality of PP cotton filter?
The quality of the PP cotton filter is determined by the tightness of its fibers. The internal fibers of a high-quality PP cotton filter are tight and uniform, and this difference cannot be seen with the naked eye at the time of purchase. How should we distinguish?
First: look at the weight. We can weigh the weight with our hands. The heavier the weight, the greater the fiber density of the filter element and the better the quality.
Second: look at the material. When choosing a filter element, you must be optimistic about the material of the filter element. The color of the regular filter paper is uniform and the paper surface is smooth. The color of the filter paper of inferior filter element is not uniform, and the texture is poor.
Third: look at compressibility. Generally, the greater the fiber density of the filter element, the better the compression performance, and the better the quality of the PP cotton filter element. We can judge with the touch. The stronger the touch, the better the compression performance.
Fourth: look at colloid. The regular filter element has good gel quality and good elasticity, while the inferior filter element rubber is soft and has a poor texture.
3. How to determine whether the PP cotton filter needs to be replaced? What should be paid attention to when replacing PP cotton?
The new PP cotton filter is white. You can distinguish whether the water quality is dirty or poor by the degree of black body after PP cotton is used.
Note: The filter element must be flushed after installation. The general flushing time should be more than 5 minutes.
The PP cotton filter element belongs to the first stage filter element of the water purifier. The more impurities filtered, the easier the filter element is blocked. Therefore, the life of the PP cotton filter element is very short. The area with poor water quality may need to be replaced in 3 months. The area with better water quality should not exceed 9 months at the longest.
In addition, the replacement of the filter element is relatively simple, and the Aspline users with strong hands-on ability can replace it according to the instruction manual, which can be installed without a master, and can also save a sum of costs.
Post time: Jun-03-2020